How to become a CA
SO, YOU WANT TO BE A CA(SA)?
Rest assured, your decision will be a good one. And it will be an even better decision if you choose BDO for your articles.
So how do you become a CA(SA)?
Becoming a CA(SA) is your access to a challenging but worthwhile career, global mobility, flexibility, and good earning potential in the business field of your choice.
What you need to do next:
- Matric exemption with Pure Maths (compulsory) and Accountancy (optional)
- Attend a university or institution that offers a BCom or equivalent (Accounting) SAICA accredited degree
- Do your CTA or BCom (Honours) Accountancy or equivalent accredited degree
- Apply for traineeship/articles
- During your 3 year traineeship/articles you will write two Board exams
- Once you have passed both Board exams you will be a qualified CA(SA)!
- Maths literacy will not get you accepted into a CA(SA) degree/programme, you will have to do a bridging course
- If you are still in the process of doing your CTA, BDO does accept you into traineeship while you persevere with your studies
- BDO also offer bursaries if you need financial assistance. View our bursaries page on the website