How to become a CA
SO, YOU WANT TO BE A CA(SA)?
Thinking of studying to become a CA (SA)? Rest assured, your decision will be a good one. And it will be an even better decision if you choose BDO for your articles.
So how do you become a CA(SA)?
Becoming a Chartered Accountant CA(SA) is your gateway to a challenging but worthwhile career, global mobility, flexibility, and good earning potential in the business field of your choice.
So where do you start?
- Matric exemption with Maths (compulsory) and Accountancy (optional)
- Attend a university or institution that offers a BCom or equivalent (Accounting) SAICA accredited degree
- Do your CTA or BCom (Honours) Accountancy or equivalent accredited degree
- Apply for traineeship/articles
- During your 3 years traineeship/articles you will then do your Board exam 1 & 2
- Once you have passed both – CONGRATS you are a CA(SA)
- Maths literacy will not get you accepted into a CA(SA) degree/programme, you will have to do a bridging course
- If you are still in the process of doing your CTA, BDO does accept you into traineeship while you persevere.
- BDO also offer bursaries if you are battling and need assistance. Just view our bursaries page on the website