30 September 2016
BDO has partnered with Ethics Monitoring & Management Services to offer a web-based survey, the Ethics Monitor, which measures an organisation's ethical status based on the experiences and perceptions of its stakeholders, including all employees.
The survey is based on a model comprising two key ethical concepts: behaviour and ethical boundaries. Via these concepts, the survey questions explore the primary ethical issues in the workplace, for example:
- to assess employees' commitment to values
- to assess the extent to which leaders live the organisation's values
- to identify the factors that best promote ethical behaviour
- to identify the factors that best reduce unethical behaviour
- to quantify the extent of specific incidences of unethical conduct
- to evaluate the organisation's relationships with stakeholders, including the extent to which employees feel valued
- to evaluate the organisation's commitment to a triple bottom line.
The survey is fully confidential and can be customised according to a company's branches, departments, work levels, values and stakeholder groups, and allows the inclusion of additional questions to address company-specific issues.
The Ethics Monitor survey produces accurate, credible quantitative results of the company's ethical status and performance for reporting purposes in line with King III recommendations and the Companies Act Social and Ethics Committee requirements.
The Ethics Monitor survey produces the following key outcomes:
- An in-depth understanding of the organisation's current ethical status
- Credible ethics results based on the experiences and perceptions of all employees
- Actions to improve ethics identified and prioritised
- An accurate assessment of ethics for reporting purposes in line with King III and the Companies Act Social and Ethics Committee
- A comprehensive ethics risk analysis, with insight into the organisation's ethical strengths and weaknesses
- The ability to monitor ethical progress or regression over time throughout the organisation
- An ethics rating to increase the organisation's reputation and ethical capital with external stakeholders
Download our brochure