BDO Horizons 2018 - Issue 1
13 March 2018
Each quarter BDO’s Mergers & Acquisitions team analyses global deal activity across a number of regions and selected sectors around the world; we offer you a satellite view of how the M&A market is evolving - and where it appears to be heading.
Issue 1 2018 includes:
- Global view – The outlook is promising and supported by stabilizing politics, global economic growth, solid asset markets and historically low interest rates.
- Special feature – Focus on the Americas: global rising tide and improving economies set to boost cross-border investment.
- North America – Mid-market M&A activity to trend positively in 2018 against the backdrop of US tax reform, strong growing economies and perceived business-friendly economic policies.
- Financial Services - Sector M&A activity holds up well in 2017, helped by another strong year for China.
- Real Estate – "Red-Hot" Chinese real estate industry drives global growth.
- Agri-Food - Irish agri-food and beverage sector is the country's most important indigenous industry. Sector sees buoyant M&A activity despite Brexit uncertainty.
Read more BDO Insights