BDO Expatriate Newsletter - Issue 42
20 July 2018
The BDO Expatriate Newsletter provides a brief overview of issues affecting international assignees, predominantly, but not exclusively, from a tax and social security perspective.
This newsletter brings together individual country updates over recent months. As you will appreciate the wealth of changes across multiple jurisdictions is significant so to provide easily digestible information we have kept it to the key developments that are likely to affect your business and international assignees.
- EU – TRANSFER OF UNDERTAKING: What does a transfer of undertaking within the EU entail for your company and employees?
- AUSTRALIA: Personal income tax relief
- CHINA: Individual income tax policy for cash awards received by scientific and technological staff
- SWITZERLAND: Controls to avoid "salary dumping"
- UNITED KINGDOM: Extension of offshore time limits / Benchmark scale rates and overseas scale rates – Abolition of receipt checking / Changes to The Posting of Workers Directive / New double tax treaties with Guernsey, Jersey, and Isle Of Man
- UNITED STATES: New IRS compliance campaigns - Increased risk of examination for tax returns with foreign elements