“What I love about this job is that it draws from many of the branches of the law. As legal enthusiast, one of the most rewarding aspects is simply studying law. I love that. It’s a field where one is able to draw from different areas to synthesise a solution. Secondly, I appreciate just being of service to someone. Winding up an estate is usually an emotionally difficult time. We are able to step in and just be there. We can ease what can be quite an awkward process. It sometimes requires all of our problem-solving skills to make things easier, to ease the burden. But that’s what we’re here for.”
Quarashia is an admitted Attorney of the High Court of South Africa and holds both a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws degree. She is a member of the Golden Key International Honour Society and has completed a certificate in deceased estates practice.
Quarashia has specialised in the field of estate administration over the past 13 years. Prior to joining BDO Quarashia was employed within the Estates, Trust, Fiduciary & Wealth service lines of the financial services industry where she has gained substantial experience. Quarashia’s areas of expertise extends to administration of high net worth estates, as well as more complex estates including foreign assets and business interests.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Bachelor of Laws Degree
- Member of the Golden Key International Honour Society
- Admitted Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Certificate in Deceased Estates practice (Legal Education and Development)
- Advanced Diploma in Estate and Trust Administration
- Registered Member of the Fiduciary Institute of Southern Africa [FISA]
- Fiduciary Practitioner of South Africa®