Sue started her working career in Advertising and Public Relations in Johannesburg and subsequently moved into Sales and Marketing in the Cape. In 1994 she joined a small tax and financial consultancy and was trained as a Financial Adviser. She built up the client base and the assets under management and developed enduring relationships with many of her clients – some in excess of 22 years. In 2001 she took time out to raise her daughter, during which she helped initiate and direct a property investment portfolio. However, she missed her clients and the challenge of growing clients’ financial portfolios, so she re-joined the same Financial Services practice in 2010. The company was subsequently purchased by BDO Wealth Advisers in 2012 and amalgamated as the Cape branch of BDO Wealth.
Her core skills are:
- Building strong client relationships
- Advising and educating client about investments options and opportunities
- The ability to motivate individuals to become financially independent
- Diploma in Marketing Management IMM
- PRISA Certificate in Public Relations
- Certificate in Secretarial Practice Rhodes
- Affiliate FPI member
Sue has been married for 25 years and has one daughter. Her spare time is spent scaling the mountains around Cape Town, but she has also ventured into the Himalaya’s in Nepal and High Atlas Mountains in Morocco. Her other passion is the art of mosaicing.