There is substantial risk to loans, mortgages, securities, derivatives and other financial instruments as LIBOR is expected to be discontinued by the end of calendar year 2021. As this deadline is fast approaching, regulatory and operational concerns are constantly being assessed and updated.
Understanding the current state of the industry recommended fallback languages and real-time market trends is critical for market participants. Paul Hasting’s Global LIBOR Transition Team will kick-off the webinar by discussing certain key legal aspects of LIBOR transition and what market participants need to consider as they evaluate industry developments and best practices for firm-wide LIBOR transition, including:
- An overview of the LIBOR transition and key industry developments
- ARRC recommended fallbacks for cash products
- An update on LIBOR transition for derivatives
- LIBOR transition implementation issues
The second half of the webinar will consist of a panel discussion between our global BDO IBOR experts covering multiple experiences encountered in LIBOR transition projects as well as discussing upcoming milestones such as ISDA IBOR Fallbacks Protocol adherence and the cash market transition.
- Common risk management exposures encountered
- Hurdles to financial instrument modifications
- FASB / IASB IBOR Accounting Updates
- Experience regarding the recent USD Discounting switch
- Value to Value concerns in day 1 transition
- Regulatory Compliance Updates
Click HERE to register.
Head of Global IBOR Taskforce
- PRESENTERS PAUL HASTINGS LLP
- Joyce Sophia Xu
Partner, Corporate Department
Head of Global LIBOR Transition Task Force
Paul Hastings LLP
- Diona Park
Of Counsel, Corporate Department
Paul Hastings LLP
- PANELISTS BDO
- Ernest De Lachica
Managing Director –
Complex Financial Instruments
Houston, United States
- Shehnaaz Suleman
IFRS Technical Advisory
Johannesburg, South Africa
- Manny Ngan, CFA
San Francisco, United States
- Sudip Chatterjee
Valuation & Business
New York, US
We are looking forward to providing insights that will be helpful in your transition efforts.
Please register for our free web seminar to receive your access data.
For all questions concerning BDO Germany’s web seminars please contact [email protected].