IBORs (Interbank Offered Rates) are being replaced and the clock is ticking until their end date in 2021 is reached. More than 40 years of a benchmark era will then be over and authorities are urging banks to speed up and strengthen their efforts. 2020 is the critical year for transition with important milestones just ahead.
This revolutionary reform of financial markets is a truly global challenge. BDO’s worldwide team of experts follows the developments closely to help our clients wherever they are.
This is the first of a series of global webinars on IBOR we have lined up. In webinar ONE we provide insights into the imminent derivative collateral discounting switch scheduled for July 2020 for EUR collateral and October 2020 for USD collateral – what can you expect with regard to cash compensations and how will the switch affect your business?
We will also update you on what the impact of the USD and EUR IBOR transition means for emerging markets in Africa.
Michael Hammer will talk about:
Sudip Chatterjee will talk about how BDO can help with every step of the LIBOR transition including:
- Why and how the collateral discounting switch needs to be done
- How to determine cash compensations payment amounts
He will also discuss in detail:
- Preparing a comprehensive transition plan
- Performing an entity wide risk assessment
- Executing on transition plan
Kevin Hoff will talk about:
- What is fallback language?
- Key concepts and considerations of fallback language
- General recommendations for fallback language reform
- The impact of the US and EU IBOR transition on emerging markets in Africa
- The potential knock-on impact on hedge accounting
Please register for our free webinar to receive your access data and get updated by our worldwide experts.
For all questions concerning BDO Germany’s webinars please contact [email protected].
Our experts are looking forward to discussing all these topics in more detail with you.
To register for this webinar click here.
Head of Global IBOR Taskforce
Managing Director Valuation & Business Analytics team
New York, US
Leader Financial Services division and Specialised Valuations Group
Johannnesburg, South Africa