Bruce joined BDO as an audit trainee in 2007. After qualifying as a Chartered Accountant in 2010, he joined the tax consulting division of the firm and was appointed as a Tax Director in February 2018.Bruce provides corporate tax, employees’ tax, VAT and international tax advice.
Examples of his experience include:
- The restructuring of the South African operations of a foreign-listed group, including the implementation of a staff-based B-BBEE incentive, and advising on its expansion into Africa.
- The restructuring of a property group in preparation for listing as a REIT.
- International tax advice provided for a privately-held multinational group in respect of a disposal of its international business.
- Advising on the withholding tax, international tax and VAT implications arising from software licensing and development services provided by an international group to a leading South African mobile network operator.
- Advising on the VAT implications of prepaid electricity sold within large metros, such as the City of Cape Town and the City of Johannesburg.
Experience gained in advising dynamic and growing businesses has given Bruce a real appreciation for the tax planning and tax considerations that are important to these businesses and their owners. Bruce has also provided advisory services to large business and multinationals.
His sector experience covers:
- Real estate
- Tourism and hospitality
- Technology and media
- Consumer business
- M.Com (Taxation) Degree
- Postgraduate Diploma in Tax Law
- Chartered Accountant (SA)
Bruce is also a member of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)