Bruce joined BDO as an audit trainee in 2007. After qualifying as a Chartered Accountant in 2010, he joined the tax consulting division of the firm and was appointed as a Tax Director in February 2018. Bruce provides corporate tax, employees’ tax, VAT and international tax advice.
Examples of his experience include:
- The restructuring of the South African operations of a foreign-listed group, including the implementation of a staff-based B-BBEE incentive, and advising on its expansion into Africa.
- The restructuring of a property group in preparation for listing as a REIT.
- International tax advice provided for a privately-held multinational group in respect of a disposal of its international business.
- Advising on the withholding tax, international tax and VAT implications arising from software licensing and development services provided by international groups to South African-based clients.
- Advising on the VAT implications of prepaid electricity sold within large metros, such as the City of Cape Town and the City of Johannesburg.
- Real estate
- Tourism and hospitality
- Technology and media
- Consumer business
- M.Com (Taxation) Degree,
- Postgraduate Diploma in Tax Law
- Chartered Accountant (SA)
He is a member of South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)