Cliff started his career at the South African Revenue Service (SARS) where he worked for 11 years.
He successfully completed all relevant indirect tax courses and gained vast experience in SARS’ audit and general processes and moved into consulting where he worked with large corporate and multinational clients on the VAT implications of their South African and cross border operations.
He has excellent knowledge of the South African VAT implications of import and export transactions. Having completed several Customs and Excise courses, Cliff has expanded his consulting capability to include this specialised area as well.
Cliff’s experience ranges across a broad spectrum of industries which include the manufacturing, retail, wholesale, import and export as well as services industries and he has developed customised VAT training workshops for clients.
- N Dip State Accounts & Finance,
- H.Dip Tax,
- Certificate in Customs Clearing I &II,
- Certificate in Export Clearing
Cliff has memberships and professional affiliations with:
- Registered tax practitioner with SAIT
- Member of SAICA VAT sub-committee
- Member of the Grant Thornton International Indirect Tax Global Coordination Committee
He also speaks both English and Afrikaans.