“I’ve been in the financial services industry since 1974, and in management roles for a large part of that. One of the things I enjoy most is developing people. Because of the range of experience I’ve gathered by default, I’ve developed a way through problems that I can explain fairly coherently to younger colleagues. It gives me a lot of satisfaction to see other people develop with the help of the knowledge I’ve acquired. The ultimate benefit accrues to the clients when we are jointly able to apply our insights to ensure the best possible outcomes for them on their financial journey.”
David has over 40 years’ experience in Financial Services which involved Sales Management for 20 of those years and time as a Financial Planner and a Practice Manager in a consulting capacity. He has strengths in the following areas:
- Project & Process Management
- Management of people in the workplace, as well as in voluntary environments
- A comprehensive understanding of the Life Assurance Industry, both current and historical
- Financial Planning
David is an accomplished public speaker and has developed training programmes in Public Speaking. He also acts as a Master of Ceremonies for functions. He has been asked to contribute to radio and TV programmes associated with Financial Planning and has had live exposure on CNBC business programmes.
David’s passion is the development and mentoring of people, using his many years of experience to assist them to achieve their goals.
- CFP® Professional
- Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute in London
- Fellow of the Insurance Institute of South Africa
- Registered Compliance Officer with the Financial Services Board
He is married to Janet and they have two adult children. His interests include Classic cars and choral music as well as road cycling, which he does as frequently as he can.