Although Dawie has extensive experience in attending to the daily administration of deceased and insolvent estates and in particular liquidated companies and corporations his philosophy to financial distress has always been to salvage and rescue as many businesses as possible. Prior to the introduction of formal business rescue legislation, he has managed to successfully restructure many liquidated businesses and returned them to normal operations. These included businesses in just about every sector of the economy, from retail, to manufacturing, mining and financial services.
From the very outset of the change of legislation in South Africa in 2011, when the Companies Act 71 of 2008 came into Law on 1 May 2011, Dawie has been at the forefront of restructuring companies in terms of the newly promulgated Chapter 6. Since that time, he has been fortunate to have attended to some of the most complex and unprecedented restructuring projects in South Africa.
B Comm (Law), LLB, diploma in Insolvency Law and Practice (“AIPSA”), certificate in Business Rescue Decision Making.
- As an admitted attorney, Dawie is a member of the Law Society;
- He has been on the panel of the Master of the High Court as an insolvency practitioner since 1998;
- He presently serves on the national board of SARIPA, (the South African Restructuring and Insolvency Practitioners Association);
- He is a registered Senior Business Rescue Practitioner with CIPC (Companies and Intellectual Property Commission);
- He is a member of INSOL International (an international association of insolvency and restructuring professionals); and
- A member of the South African chapter of the TMA (Turnaround Management Association of SA).