Ebrahim is a Senior Partner in the Durban office and is involved in providing audit, consulting and corporate finance services to a wide variety of clients.
Ebrahim joined the firm as a trainee accountant in 1990. He managed one of the audit groups in his final year of traineeship and was then appointed audit manager.
Ebrahim had the opportunity to join another audit firm, MSGM (now PWC) as audit manager where he spent over a year. In 1996 he was offered the position as a partner of Grant Thornton, being the first black partner in Grant Thornton South Africa.
He has more than 25 years experience in business and finance, providing audit services to large and medium audit clients in various industry sectors including manufacturing, wholesale and distribution, retail, service and non-profit associations.
Ebrahim provides his clients with key business advice and management consulting including the evaluation of the financial control environment and fiscal discipline.
Ebrahim has been involved in many transaction advisory and support services, including valuations, due diligences and reporting accountant assignments.
- Member of Grant Thornton’s National Council from 1999 to 2011.
- Member of the newly formed National Partnership Oversight Board from 2011 to 2017.
- Member of the Association of Muslim Accountants and Lawyers
- Ex-Chairman of the Finance Committee of Danville Park Girls’ School
- Ex-Chairman of the Danville Park Girls’ School Trust and a member of the Governing Body
- Chartered Accountant (SA)
Ebrahim is a member of SAICA, IRBA and the Institute of Directors SA and speaks English.