Born and raised in PE, Jenni Lawrence decided to travel to the UK in her early 20s, where she worked and lived for 10 years. The roles that she took on there exposed her to a number of different working environments, and she found her strength in operations and an interest in marketing which evolved into BEE.
Originally engaged as a BEE analyst, Jenni was promoted to operations manager then operations director in July 2009, and was appointed as Managing Director July 2014.
She is responsible for overseeing the staff, finances, marketing and accreditation requirements of the business, to ensure that it maintains a positive profile in the market place, meets its stringent quality requirements, and recruits and retains a competent and fulfilled team while achieving financial targets.
- B-BBEE MDP (Wits)
- CMI MDip (London)
- Business Woman’s Association Regional Business Achiever Award – Top 3 Finalist 2011.
- Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber – Nominated as one of the Top 40 Under 40 2011.
- Co-author of BEE E-Book and regular contributor to BEE newsletter and press releases.
- Orchestrated the TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings – Protection of Employment Rights) negotiations and office move for a merger of 50 staff and partners into a firm of 180 staff during post-merger integration (UK).
- Purchased, set up and managed the office infrastructure and operations for a technology start-up (UK).
- Coordinated a time pressured IT project for a major pharmaceutical retailer in the UK, culminating in the installation of a new ordering system throughout the UK, going live over a one-week period.