Lee-Anne is a Director in Advisory Services at BDO, where she leads the Management Advisory team. Lee-Anne specialises in providing strategic advisory services to clients in the private and public sector. She has specialist knowledge of, and skills in, the tourism, hospitality, leisure, property and related industry sectors.
In her role Lee-Anne works directly with clients to provide them with strategic planning, feasibility studies, market demand assessments, economic impact assessments, financial modelling, commercial due diligences, etc. Some of the roles and assignments which indicate Lee-Anne’s wide range of experience include:
Market Research and Analysis
- Lee-Anne was appointed by the previous South African Minister of Tourism to a 3-person panel of experts on Tourism Statistics.
- Conducting extensive research and analysis to determine the impact of visa regulations on the South African tourism industry
- Market Demand assessments for a World Heritage Site and a new Big-5 Game Reserve
- Market demand assessment and business model for a housing development
- Tourism Sector Strategy for a South African province
- Provincial Events Strategy
- Development of a Marine Tourism Strategy
- Lee-Anne has facilitated strategic planning sessions for numerous organisations and business units
- Numerous market and financial feasibility studies for proposed new hotel, mixed-use, residential, conference centre, etc developments.
Economic Impact Assessment
- Numerous Economic impact assessment for business, sporting and cultural/ recreational events hosted in South Africa
- BSc (Microbiology and Zoology)
- Master's in Business Administration (MBA)
Lee-Anne regularly presents at conferences, conducts interviews, and is quoted about issues relating to the tourism, hospitality and property industries and women in business.