Mark has lead assurance and corporate finance assignments of both listed and private clients in the sports, manufacturing, hospitality, eco-tourism, property, construction and renewable energy sectors.
Mark has a widespread Corporate Finance client base with a focus on M&A (buy-side and sell-side), Due Diligence and Financial Modelling:
These projects include:
- Renewable energy projects;
- Sell-side, Buy-side, Financial Modelling and Due Diligence assignments
- Oil bunkering (land and sea based)
- Integrated IT and financial services
- Property development
- Gaming industry
- Sell-side and Due Diligence
- M&A, Financial Modelling and Due Diligence
- Bachelors in Accounting degree and Honours from the University of Port Elizabeth
- Prince 2
- PMI (Project Management Institute)
Mark played a lead role in both creating and presenting the South Africa World Cup Bid 2015 and most recently, the 2023 Bid on behalf of SARU. He led the Financial, Taxation, Ticket Modelling and Financing thereof. And was part of the Bid Committee which delivered the Bid in London, September 2017.
Marks involvement with the Rugby World Cup Bid 2023 included:
- Creating the Financial Model of the 2023 Rugby World Cup including The Ticket Model and Tournament Budget. The Tournament Budget was based on detailed delivery guides and Host Union obligations, this was a 14 month process.
- Outlining the cash flow and working capital requirements.
- Assisted with the raising of the working capital to finance the World Cup from The Rugby Institution.
- Tax Implications and relevant Tax Legislations for Tournaments of this nature.
- Assisted with the design of the LOC Structure (which would have delivered the Tournament).
- Involved in negotiations with the Government.