Michiel has more than 20 years’ of experience in developing risk management strategies for clients, and strongly believes that every business can maximise its chances of success by not only applying appropriate risk management strategies, but also by incorporating foresight into its strategic thinking (so as to identify new business opportunities).
Michiel has a variety of interests – from business and IT strategy formulation, to business risk and control management strategies; including futuristic research, with special interest in technology, macro patterns in change, the analysis of trends, emerging issues and weak signals in the contextual environment as well as systems thinking.
He has wide-ranging interest and experience in the following types of assignments:
- Strategic foresight development
- IT and business strategy formulation
- Corporate governance
- IT and business risk strategy formulation
- IT security and privacy reviews
- Business continuity and disaster recovery planning
- Policy assessments/implementations
- Business process reviews
Michiel presents to audiences on a regular basis, covering audit topics ranging from privacy, cybersecurity to futuristic technology. Some of his past presentations were at ITWeb, ISACA, IIA, and MobileGov conferences.
- Diplomas (Computer Audit, Advanced Computer Audit); Cum Laude and top achiever in class
- PGDip (Futures Studies); Cum Laude and top achiever in class
- MPhil (Futures Studies); Cum Laude and top achiever in class
He also has a special interest in business risk management and is the author of his own e-book, covering risk management principles.