Steve completed his articles at BDO where he went on to becoming a Tax Partner and then joined the Wooltru Retail Group as a Senior Tax Manager. For the past 16 years, Steve has worked at Ernst and Young (both London and Cape Town offices) most recently as a Tax Director.
Steve has South African and UK tax experience of advising companies in respect of domestic as well as cross border transactions, including the structuring and due diligence aspects of merger and acquisition transactions, specialising South African inbound and outbound transactions.
Steve has worked the following more significant projects / clients:
- The dual listing of Investec bank in SA and the UK
- The UK merger of the retail travel businesses of Thomas Cook Travel and The Cooperative
- The European administration of the Nortel telecoms group (in administration)
- BHP Billiton
- Wooltru / Woolworths / Truworths
- Barclays Bank / ABSA
- Liberty Corporation
- 21st Century Fox
- Summit Partners
- Associated British Foods
Steve is a member of the following professional associations:
- ICAS (Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland).
- SAICA (South African Institute of Chartered Accountants).
- CIMA (Chartered Institute of management Accountants)
*Subject to approval