He obtained his honours degree in commerce from the Rand Afrikaans University in 1997 and passed the final qualifying exam for chartered accountants in March 1998.
Since the adoption of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) in South Africa, Theunis has assisted various listed clients with the implementation of the standards. He is actively involved in consulting with clients on IFRS matters, and provides regular training updates on these standards for clients and staff of the firm.
His speciality is in assurance and the compilation of financial statements.
- BCom (Acc) (Hons)
- Chartered Accountant South Africa
Theunis is a member and affiliated to:
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors (IRBA)
- Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) registered auditor
- JSE approved IFRS Advisor
Theunis speaks both English and Afrikaans.