Audit Trainee Positions
Once you have completed your degree, it is time to take the next step on your path towards becoming a CA(SA) - your training contract. A training contract is signed with an auditing firm or registered training firm (as approved by SAICA) to complete your qualification. It’s best to research a number of firms before you make a decision as they vary widely in culture and trainee experience.
A traineeship at BDO means that:
- You will have a personal mentor who will be there for you throughout your time at BDO. It's like having your very own 'guru' to ask anything you want and get first hand advice and guidance.
- You will have hands-on contact with clients and management. At BDO, our client base is such that you will work more closely with the client than you would elsewhere.
- Once you have completed your traineeship, you could change your career path and try something new within one of our other service lines, such as Corporate Finance or BDODrive.
These people made the right decision to obtain the CA(SA) qualification at BDO, and look where they are today:
- Bronwyn Corbett, CEO at Grit Real Estate Income Fund
- Cuan Chelin, Founder & CEO of Super-Brands Group
- Glynn Burger, Joint MD at Investec Bank Limited
- Hester Hickey, Director and Audit Committee Chairman at Omnia Limited
- Jim Volkwyn, Board Member at Multichoice South Africa Holdings
- Mark Stewart, CEO of BDO South Africa, started at BDO as a trainee
- Sean Clarke, Operations Director at The Media Shop