With over 19 years’ experience in risk management, corporate governance consulting and provision of internal audit services, Carla has worked for the public sector as well as larger private sector clients mainly in the construction, manufacturing and financial sectors.
Carla works with companies and boards to improve their governance performance. Her experience includes:
- Corporate governance reviews and implementation of board and business governance solutions.
- Board Assessments and assisting Boards to improve their performance.
- Implementation of Enterprise Risk Management solutions and improvement initiatives
- Managing various outsourced and co-sourced internal audit engagements.
- Implementation of Compliance Management structures and processes.
- Involvement on various SOX implementation and attestation projects.
Her sector experience includes the Private Sector – construction, manufacturing, financial institutions and Public Sector – local, provincial and national government.
Some of her clients have included Denel, Department of Environmental Affairs, SACAA, Twinsaver, ERIS, Board of Healthcare Funders, Wesizwe, Mvunonala,Imara.
Carla has also been involved in developing responses to the various King reports on Corporate Governance in South Africa and written a number of thought leadership articles. She presents to numerous clients and forums on Corporate Governance and Risk Management topics.
- BA (Clinical Psychology & Sociology)
She is a member of the institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)