Samanta joined BDO (Johannesburg) in 1997. From 2003 Samanta enjoyed a two year secondment to BDO Dunwoody in Toronto and was admitted as a partner to BDO (Johannesburg) in September 2005.
As an Audit partner, Samanta was in charge of all medical scheme clients and has experience in the manufacturing, electricity distribution and financing industries as well. Her clients ranged from mid-sized owner-managed businesses to listed entities.
From 2012, she took on the Chief Financial Officer role on a part-time basis, reducing her audit portfolio accordingly. In 2016 Samanta was appointed CFO on a full time basis for the BDO South Africa group.
Her responsibilities include:
- Financial Reporting
- Cash Flow Management
- Shared Services Staff Complement
- Member of the Executive Committee of BDO South Africa
- Member of the Operational Committee of BDO South Africa
- Chairperson of the Remuneration Committee
- Training Officer (Johannesburg)
- Chartered Accountant South Africa
- Registered Auditor