Strong oversight and governance is key for companies to ensure that they are operating as intended.
From regulatory changes to increased enterprise and reputational risk, the challenges facing corporate directors have never been greater. With a unique understanding of the varying and increasing responsibilities assumed by the board and the committees of the board, BDO’s dedicated professionals provide thoughtful subject matter for directors to consider as they navigate through ever-changing business challenges.
Backed by broad resources across our assurance, tax and advisory practices, our professionals can help address corporate governance risks and opportunities arising throughout the business lifecycle. We work closely with board members – whether new or established directors - to provide continual education and thought leadership, facilitate improvements to corporate governance execution, and create an expanding network and community for board members to exchange best practices. We recognize and distinguish our approach for the different challenges encountered by boards operating in the large-, mid- and small-cap arenas, as well as among public, private and non-profit entities.
BDO offers a wide range of insights, educational programmes, and timely engagement to help clients and contacts stay ahead of today’s most important trends and issues. Tailored specifically to the board, it’s committees and Directors in general. Our interventions are designed to help meet today’s oversight responsibilities, as well as anticipate the evolving risks and opportunities of tomorrow.
Our services include:
- Board assessments
- Board induction and training
- Board assessments including assessment of board committee and individual director performance.
- King IV reviews and gap analysis
- Governance maturity assessments
- Risk maturity assessments
- Assistance with establishing good governance frameworks aligned with King IV or relevant governance requirements in other jurisdictions
- Assistance with establishing risk management frameworks and risk appetite frameworks.
- Facilitation of strategic and operational risk assessments
- Board and board committee training
Contact a Sustainability Specialist