Our specialist forensic specialists conduct forensic investigations across both the public and corporate sectors, in order to assist your business to:
- identify improper conduct of employees and/or service providers and/or other individuals and/or legal entities;
- identify the person/s responsible for improper conduct;
- stop illegal activities such as fraud;
- determine the extent of potential liabilities or losses that might exist;
- help facilitate the recovery of losses;
- stop future losses;
- mitigate other potential consequences; and
- strengthen internal control weaknesses.
Our primary focus, is to assist clients with criminal, civil and labour legislation:
- with the registration of criminal cases at the SAPS and liaise with prosecutors where matters continue in the criminal courts.
- with presentations to Boards and Audit Committees where forensic investigations were concluded.
- with disciplinary processes including the preparation of the processes, the compiling of charge sheets and the compiling of bundles of evidence. We initiate or preside in disciplinary matters and also train our clients to initiate in matters (where so required).
OUR TEAM AND APPROACH
Our team members are specialists in (among others) the investigation of white collar crimes and we conducted work at the following institutions (this list is however not complete):
- National Departments
- Provincial Departments
- State Owned Entities
- Provincial Treasuries
- National Treasury
- Office of the Auditor General
- Banking Sectors
- Fuel companies
As ex-prosecutors and ex-magistrates, we have good established relationships with the National Prosecuting Authority and the South African Police Services. We have conducted various assignments with the Hawks and testified in criminal as well as disciplinary matters.
HOW WE WORK
As advisers of the future, we make sure that we always integrating various forms of technology so that we can service you anywhere you may be. As such we utilize:
- Financial system information, for instance the SAP system, to conduct our financial investigations.
- XDS information to source information relevant to individuals and legal entities.
- Social media to source information of implicated individuals and entities