We have long working relationships with the majority of the administrators within the retirement fund industry and understand how this can benefit our client’s. We also believe it is critical that our team works closely with the Principal Officer to understand where they would like to see audit focus. Our comprehensive experience in the industry has enabled us to become specialists and develop a focussed audit approach. Our methodology meets the Financial Sector Conduct Authority regulatory requirements and focuses on the key risks related to financial statements in terms of the regulators financial reporting framework.
Our services include the following:
- Audit the financial statements in compliance with the Regulations of the Pension Funds Act of South Africa
- Support, where applicable, from our BDO Specialist Valuations Group who can independently value 100% of the unlisted investments within the fund
- Completion of Section 15, regulatory agreed-upon procedures required in terms the Pension Funds Act of South Africa
- Assurance opinion relating to the compliance on Schedule IB that the assets held per fund are in compliance with the Regulation of the Pension Funds Act of South Africa
- Agreed-upon procedures engagement in terms of Section B2H of the Currency and Exchange Manual for Authorised Dealers.