Assurance and governance expertise – whenever you need it
In a world with increased emphasis on corporate responsibility and accountability, internal audit has a higher profile role in all sectors as credible business partners to evaluate how well risks are being managed. Organisations face renewed corporate governance concerns, as well as intense internal and external scrutiny. Many are struggling to keep up with the changing pace of the regulatory environment as well as distinguishing the complex risks they face.
BDO has an established approach for assessing your assurance needs. Our specialists can help you develop and resource the most suitable assurance model – one that is tailored to your size, sector, risk appetite and the regulatory requirements that apply to your organisation.
QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER WHEN ASSESSING THE NEED FOR INTERNAL AUDIT
- Have you experienced any unpleasant surprises from your operations?
- Do you have a comprehensive picture of the effectiveness of your governance, risk and assurance framework?
- Do you know your total cost of control and assurance?
- How effective and resilient is your existing assurance operations?
- Are you confident that you know where your business is exposed?
- How are you handling risks in new markets, outsourced activities or business partnerships?
- How easily and how often have people circumvented controls?
- Are you comfortable that major change projects are being controlled?
- Have cost reduction programmes and structural changes affected the value of your control infrastructure?
- Do you have the right information to run your business and is it accurate?
Ask an Expert now download our brochure