Cyber Threat Intelligence and Incident Response
BDO can assist with:
- Data breach investigations
- Threat intelligence - Dark Web recons and analysis
- Threat intelligence - social media analysis
- Network/host active threat monitoring
- Threat hunting – at enterprise, nation state, insider levels
- Training and testing – 1st responder, table top, RED team, and simulations
Cyber criminals, especially if they specifically target a certain organisation, might make references to the entity on the Dark Web – or even social media. Even more, if the organisation has been breached, their data could be shared/sold on the Dark Web. In such a case BDO South Africa, in association with other BDO offices in the world, can assist in performing a search on the Dark Web to discover intended plans of criminals or specific data that has been stolen. If an attack is imminent, BDO can assist a client to brace for an attack. If data has been stolen, BDO can assist in the “recovery”/destruction of stolen data on the Dark Web.
This BDO service offering is similar to the function of and role played by a country’s intelligence agency, gathering and interpreting intelligence in order to pre-empt an attack. It is therefore of the utmost importance that high-end and sensitive organisations pro-actively gather intelligence about their cyber presence and, specifically, how it attracts cyber criminals in the underworld.