Customs and Excise
SARS focus on customs and excise and today's global economy brings both an increased volume of imports and exports and greater scrutiny of cross border flows. This poses a significant challenge to business supply chains because the international movement of goods can be costly and the legislative infrastructure complex. In this dynamic trading environment, your business must ensure compliance whilst carefully managing international trade costs to stay competitive and profitable.
Our customs and excise team can bring a fresh perspective to your business. By drawing on our experience and specialist knowledge, we will identify opportunities to help you achieve your objectives of working in the most duty efficient manner.
How can BDO help you
- Customs advisory (valuation,origin,tariff,rebate stores etc)
- We provide outsourcing or co-sourcing solutions, for example, monthly compliance programmes, a customs specialist (on-call) including administration of certain processes
- Compliance reviews and health checks
- Trade lobbying (applications for duty reductions).
- Advisory opinions
- Customs IT14SD reconciliations
- Licensing with authorities
- Our tax technology solutions will enhance and automate all your customs and excise processes, internal controls and deliverables
- Import and export planning using trade blocs (free trade agreements and zones)
- Cash flow optimisation ie deferment accounts, bond stores, rebate stores
- Customs dispute resolution assistance
- Excise structure reviews (diesel, alcohol etc.)